December 2, 2013

My Style: Run Away With Me


Today's Look:  is in honor of the holiday season.  Since it was Thanksgiving this past weekend, my brother was in town, so of course we had to do some photoshoots.  Along with the holidays comes parties--Thanksgiving get-togethers, Christmas parties, and New Year's Eve bashes.  Every girl needs to be prepared to be well dressed for each occasion.  Now, instead of going out and buying a new dress, check your closet.  From dances like prom, homecoming, and military balls to weddings, church functions, and family reunions, girls accumulate quite the dress collection.  For this look, I wore a purple, strapless dress that I had bought for a formal dance.  To restyle the dress and make it all new, I wore a velvet, black crop top over the corset portion. I liked how the top not only added modesty, but it also added a modern edge.  Matching the top, I wore black strappy heels and a sleek clutch.  Finishing off the look, I wore a heart pendant necklace, bedazzled bracelets, two rings, and crystal earrings.


Outfit Details:  Dress from Arden B (Scottsdale, Arizona), Top by Basil Lola at Basement Marketplace (Flagstaff, Arizona), Shoes from Express (Scottsdale, Arizona), Clutch at oasap.com, Earrings from Aeropostale (Tucson, Arizona), Black Crystal Ring from Earth Bound (Flagstaff, Arizona), Clear Crystal Ring by Brighton at Fancy That (Prescott, Arizona), Bracelets & Necklace were gifts.


Fashion Tip:  Reusing a prom dress or homecoming dress is not only money-saving, but it's also fun!  When shopping for prom and homecoming dresses, enjoy the experience while trying to find something re-usable.


Photography by Billy Stuckman


Dress, shoes, and accessory links found here.


Jessica Alba         Lily Collins         Selena Gomez         Demi Lovato         Victoria Justice

1 comment:

  1. follow me back? I just started this account. its twostylishtwins.blogspot.com
    thanks

    ReplyDelete