October 21, 2013

My Style: Sleek & Chic


Today's Look:  features the reinvention of the skort.  A skort, for those who are unfamiliar with the term, is a blend between a skirt and a pair of shorts.  Normally, either the skirt surrounds shorts or it's a skirt in the front, but shorts in the back, like the skort I'm wearing.  When I was growing up, I used to wear cotton skorts when playing tennis at a local club.  I loved skorts so I had multiple pairs because I loved how I was covered but they are more feminine than regular athletic shorts.  Nowadays, skorts have been updated and have become fashionable for everyday wear or for girls-nights-out with a geometric, asymmetrical trim.  To start the look off, I first chose the faux leather skort and shimmery, platform heels.  The heels are a beautiful iridescent turquoise, so to match them I wore my bright, lose-knit sweater.  Normally, the sweater is baggy and long, perfect for the fall or winter.  For this outfit, I wanted more chic, so I tucked it in and wore a black cami underneath.  Finishing off the look, I chose a black leather clutch, multi-metal necklace, turquoise crystal stud earrings, and two rings.  


Outfit Details:  Platform Heels c/o Charlotte Russe , Sweater by Roxy at PacSun (Scottsdale, Arizona), Skort by Lovely Day at urbanog.com, Black Cami from American Eagle (Tucson, Arizona), Necklace from H&M (Tucson, Arizona), Earrings at Sally's Beauty Supply (Prescott, Arizona), Multicolored Ring at Dillard's (Prescott, Arizona), Clutch from Hobo International (Scottsdale, Arizona).


Fashion Tip:  The reinvented skort looks great with heels while lengthening the appearance of your legs.




Skort and image links found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment