May 30, 2013

My Style: Taylor Swift Concert


Today's Look:  was specifically designed for the Taylor Swift Red Tour concert that I attended last night.  Let me just begin by saying WOW!  I was fortunate enough to go to her Fearless Tour back in 2009.  It was my first concert and most amazing thing I had ever seen.  Now four years later, Taylor has become even more phenomenal as a performer and artist if that's possible.  So in honor of her newest album's title as well as her tour's title, Red, I wore the shirt that I bought months ago at Target when I bought her CD.  It's an adult's small, which means it isn't form fitting at all, so I rolled up the sleeves to give it a more feminine look.  I wore black high-waisted shorts (modeled after Taylor's most recent fashion transformation) and tucked the shirt in.  To dress the casual outfit up a tad, I wore a black, metal-studded waist belt and nice sandals rather than flip flops.


Outfit Details:  Shirt by Taylor Swift at Target and store.taylorswift.com, Shorts by Kimchi Blue at Urban Outfitters (Scottsdale, Arizona), Sandals by Montego Bay Club at Payless (Prescott, Arizona), Belt at Mahina (Honolulu, Hawaii).

Fashion Tip:  When getting ready to go to a concert, a lot of girls dress up which I personally think is kind of silly.  Are they trying to compete with the performer?  I don't get it. Plus, tight dresses and heels aren't comfortable to dance in or wear for long periods of time, so it's not practical.  I recommend wearing a shirt with the artist you're going to see on it (if you don't have a shirt with them on it how can you call yourself a fan?), shorts or pants depending on how hot or cold it is outside, and flat shoes because you will be standing, jumping around, and wearing the shoes all night.  You can still look adorable and fangirl it up at the same time.




Credits:  1, 2, 3, 4

No comments:

Post a Comment